Shipley Energy installs vented and vent-free gas logs and efficient space heaters
Have you ever dreamed of snuggling up next to a warm, cozy fireplace on a cold winter night? Have you put off installing a fireplace in your home because you didn’t want to deal with the hassle of chopping or storing wood or trying to keep a wood fire burning?
A natural gas fireplace installation by Shipley Energy can offer a convenient, safe, and user-friendly alternative to a traditional wood-burning model. Gas fireplaces, available as freestanding or fully inserted units, capture the look of wood-burning fireplaces without the hassle. Gas fireplaces are simple to operate, they burn with less pollution and require no clean up! They also offer:
- Realistic flames and great comfort
- Variety of sizes and appearances
- Pilot light with auto shut-off on all models
- Manually controlled models have 3 heat settings
- Mili-volt models are thermostatic and remote capable
Contact Shipley Energy to Learn More About Gas Fireplace Installation
Shipley Energy can handle all your gas fireplace and gas log installation needs, and we can provide expert guidance to help you select the best gas fireplace system for your home. We also install energy-efficient and safe space heaters for those hard-to-heat areas. Contact us to learn more!
What Are the Benefits of a Gas Fireplace Installation?
Gas fireplace heaters offers many advantage over a wood-burning fireplace:
- Continuous heat: Gas fireplaces provide constant heat, meaning you don’t have to worry about continuously adding more wood to keep a fire burning.
- Ease of use: When you install a gas fireplace, operation is as easy as flipping a switch — you don’t have to waste time and effort trying to get a fire started. Many gas fireplace models offer the convenience of remote-controlled operation.
- Safety: With a gas fireplace, there are no sparks that could cause a fire to spread, or harmful fumes or particles that are released into the air inside your home. You can use it safely around children and pets.
- No hauling or chopping: With a gas fireplace, you never have to bother with chopping wood or finding a vendor that sells it at an affordable price. You also don’t have to haul wood to your or home or find a safe, dry place to store it on your property.
Energy savings: A gas fireplace install can be extremely energy-efficient, and it could reduce your heating bill by as much as 25 percent.
Vented and Vent-Free Gas Logs
In addition to installing a new gas fireplace or fireplace insert, another way to enjoy the gas fireplace experience is by installing a gas log set, which provides the look and feel of a wood-burning fireplace. If you already have a traditional wood-burning fireplace and chimney in your home, you can install vented gas logs that produce a realistic yellow flame that closely resembles a wood flame.
On the downside, most of the heat from a vented gas log will escape through the chimney, which can be remedied by slightly closing the damper.
Vent-free gas logs can be installed in either a wood-burning or unvented fireplace. They’re made with specially designed burners that burn gas cleanly with minimal exhaust. While vent-free gas logs generate more heat than vented logs, they also introduce moisture into your home that can foster the growth of mold and mildew. If you burn vent-free logs for longer than an hour with the windows closed, they can deplete your home’s oxygen supply.
Some municipalities restrict the use of vent-free gas logs, so you will need to verify their legality before purchasing them for your home.
Contact Shipley Energy to Get Started!
Contact Us Online